Saturday, April 21, 2018

Life is Better With a Dog!

Hello crafty friends,

It's been a minute since I did a blog post. I have been busy in the bakery and designing for my Amazon Handmade store, but Jessica Lynn Originals is back with a super cute, furry release!

Jessica is hosting a Love Your Pets Blog Hop that will be featuring the new Puppy and Kitten stamp sets.  This Hop will be raising money for a local Rescue called Lucky Mutts Rescue.  Please come and hop along with us. Every card linked up featuring JLO cat or dog will get a 50 cent donation to the rescue. 

Love Your Pets Hop

I am in love with the puppy set, I have a cute little lab puppy to share with you today.

I stamped the puppy with Memento Tuxedo Black on 110lb Recollections cardstock.
I cute the image on my scan & cut and colored with a base layer of Copic W1-warm grey.
I did all my shading and shadows with colored pencil.  I added some gel & glaze pen details and used glossy accents for the eyes.  This sentiment won my heart right away & I wanted it to share the spotlight with the puppy.  So I used a plaid stamp and let the ink fade out towards the top. the bottom is distress ink. I distress inked the edges of the square to really draw you to the sentiment. I added some sequins, because, well, sequins.  I used a black base and corner cropped the top edges. Taped it all down to a bright pink 5 x 7 card and we are all done.

My projects from the hop will be donated to a local pet rescue here in Savannah -Coastal Pet Rescue.
I love Jessica's Dog stamp sets and I've been working on a bunch of cards with them to donate to the Rescue.

Please check out all her cute stamps Jessica Lynn Originals & here is a link to the puppy set 

Thanks for stopping by, I will have some more puppy projects as the hop continues. 

STAY CRAFTY!

Kelli

5 comments: